Women Need to Take Care of Themselves
Remember the old saying – “Put the oxygen mask on yourself before you put one on your children?” The airline pre-flight announcement is a good reminder to take care of ourselves so we can take care of others. Women especially need to be reminded of this advice.
But what do we do to make sure we are taking care of ourselves? Here are just a few suggestions, in the area of nutrition.
- Eat a variety of foods – including 7+ servings of fruits and vegetables. not juice
- Get plenty of whole grains, beans and legumes
- Choose lean meats, fish and poultry, non-fat or low-fat dairy and soy foods
- Select “healthy fats ” – eat more Omega 3 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats. (olive oil, nuts, seeds)
- Avoid ALL trans-fat and saturated fats.
These are just a few of the recommendations in my new Health Chat on the topic of Women’s Health. You can view the entire talk Here. Please make sure it starts at Zero.
Another good way to get started is to complete the Health Print assessment. Just visit healthinthejungle.info to see the questions. It only takes 5 minutes, and you end up with nutrition and lifestyle recommendations personalized to your needs. Then we can chat about the best ways for you to get started implementing your plan.
If you are reading this in the month of May, 2017, it’s your lucky day! Shaklee has put together a Healthy Woman’s Pack just for this month. It includes Vitalizer, Life Energizing Shake, OsteoMatrix and Stress Relief Complex. I feel better just typing this. these products will still be available separately after May 31, but the pack is a $50 savings over the retail price.